Sunday, September 13, 2015

Ain't Nothing Going to Slow Me Down

Wow, I cannot believe this Wednesday is my surgery – the time has flown by since I made my decision and it went by even faster after I started this blog.  Life has been crazy busy over the past week trying to get prepared for the big day.  There’s so many emotions and so much I want to say before Wednesday but let me start by addressing work and the thanks my three teammates deserve.

I was always that girl that was going to be a stay at home mom – that was what, in my mind, I was born to do; but a little over two years ago now three wonderful individuals came into my life and have changed it forever.  To say Franklin, Amanda and Amy are like my family is an understatement.  Other than calling Stephen and my mom when I found out my results they were the ones I cried to.   I am a firm believer that people come into your life for a reason and I have no doubt these people did - not just to help me grow my business/become a better Realtor, but if it wasn’t for them and their personal experiences with breast cancer I may not have been able to make the decision to have the surgery so easily.  You see, as someone who is on 100% commission I couldn’t imagine taking time off (heck, I even worked when we went to Mexico for a week this year) but having them there to support me is truly a gift!

I had a friend ask me a couple weeks or so ago if I was going to continue working during the surgeries and recovery/expanders (more on those later) and my first reaction was “Of course, I can’t imagine not working!!” I may not be able to open doors immediately after Wednesday (thanks to the team for filling in for me there) but shortly after I’ll have nurse mom running chauffeur for me.  So, I don’t plan on slowing down anytime soon :)  I will still be making phone calls, replying to emails and taking care of clients. I thought, if a friend thinks I may not be working, others may think that as well; so shameless plug, I am going to continue to work!

To the FA Team: Y’all will never know how much joy you three have brought to my life and “working” is more fun than I ever imagined it could be! I absolutely love what I do and the three of you have no idea how having y’alls support helps me feel so much at ease with my decision and the upcoming surgery.

THANKS A MILLION for the help while I am out but I am already counting down the days till I get to come back in the office.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment